Thursday, April 11, 2013

Consciously choosing to travel with others


Possible Human, Possible Society Study Commentary & Radio show commentary

(Original posting Wednesday, April 3, 2013.  Somehow deleted and now re-posted.)
Back in the mid-1980s I was barely coming to my senses about what I know, now, to be the grounding core of what, I believe, makes for a well-balanced successful life; the harmony of you and I, living and working well together, with the rest of humanity.

I had finally, by then, outgrown my attraction to being Ms.Success and was, already, on the same overall course I follow today. But I didn’t, yet, fully understand the “over”part of over-achieving in me or know how to moderate it.  That discovery has been quite the unfolding adventure.

We want to travel
with you.
I’ve come a long way since that time. And, even farther from the days back in the late 1960s when I traveled the streets of Washington, D.C. on my motorcycle as the founder and Executive Director of the U.S. “Male” Service.

(The U.S. “Male” Service, located in Washington, D.C. from 1966 – 1973, is a business name that still raises eyebrows today when it is spoken in polite or not so polite company. The name, U.S. “Male” Service, came to me, via Charlie Brotman who was my press agent in those crazy days and still is, today, Washington’s number one press agent, many years later.)
Stories such as the oldies, but goodies, that come of those bygone days of mine on K Street, home to much of today’s political maneuvering, add spice to the community forum we are growing on our new Possible Society In Motion Show.  So do please join us when we go on-air, Thursday evenings, 6:30 p.m.

 With the recent addition of Jack Slattery to assist me, Anastasia, we are now building momentum as episode topics become ever more lively through discussions between Jack and myself. Also, look for Possible Human, Possible Society Study participants to be invited guests, added to the mix of Anastasia and Jack, in coming months, beginning this month,  April.

 Take heed:

1.      Listen in and, even better, dial-in to our Possible Society In Motion Show at 347.237.5351 and;

2.      Join in to participate in New Horizons Possible Human, Possible Society Study so that you can tell us how you would like this U.S.A. to grow.  And, we can carry your message forward.

3.      Look for Possible Human, Possible Society Study participants to be invited guests on the show, added to the mix in coming months, beginning in April. You could be among them.

Quoted from an article I read yesterday online, “Our life together can be better.” And, this new show of our’s is one way New Horizons is offering you to work with us to help make that happen.

Tomorrow night, Thursday, April 4, 6:30 p.m. (with conference call-in discussion from 7:00 to 7:30) join us for our conversation on “The Art of Leaning In.”

Also, check out my show, Anastasia The Storyteller, next on Tuesday, April 23, 11:30 a.m. Topic: “Before Watergate: Hot Pants, Motorcycles and K Street.”

 How very interesting!  And, maybe some fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment