The Storytelling Workshop Series:
A Vehicle For Overcoming Today’s Social and Political Polarization
Partnering with StoryCorps’ “Listening Is An Act Of Love” Project
Join us at our storytelling, story “listening” workshops! We will–
- Help you learn to be an interesting storyteller;
- Help you learn to be an eager and curious listener of the stories of others;
- Help you develop the skill of using your storytelling – and – “listening” skills to go beyond polarization to be a community bridge-builder (also with your family, friends and work associates);
- Teach you how and why “leaning in” and dialogue rather than debate work to build healthier communities;
- Provide you with a non-partisan, supportive environment within which to discuss and sort out some of the stress our current social and political climate may be causing you.
Having done our best to select our elected officials, our next steps are to help ensure that our citizen wishes are linked to our First Amendment rights, including our rights to freedom of speech, a free press, to peaceably assemble and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
Along with these freedoms, we have the right to tell our stories – and – to listen to the stories of others. From storytelling – and story “listening,” we gain insight, inspiration, connection, new found levels of wisdom and creative solutions to problems we are presently facing.
That’s the “Zones of Peace” way, the exceptional way, the life as art way.
To help you cope with a changing America, New Horizons now sets off on its next “zones of peace” building project: showing you how to develop your storytelling and story "listening"skills in the service of creating a better tomorrow, today!
Saturday, October 14, November 11, and December 2, 2017
2:00 to 5:00 p.m.
Frederick Friends Meeting House
723 N. Market Street
Be sure to read our many articles on the theme of storytelling
Reserve early, space is limited!
Donations are encouraged, suggested amount: $20.
Email: HarpersFerryNH@aol.com Cell: 240.409.5347