Thursday, May 24, 2018

Moving Beyond Gender Tyranny: Setting The Stage


Hear our live broadcast this coming Saturday, June 2. Details below.

(Please note there were last minute technical difficulties at showtime on Saturday May 26, due to emergency flood disaster conditions in the area of the New Horizons Retreat Center which is also home to Ms. Rosen-Jones)

The #Metoo movement is creating quite a stir!

No doubt about that!

To escape the daily explosion of high profile and general news and commentary on the subject, a person would truly need to bury their head in the sand, especially here in the United States.
Gender tyranny is not much fun for
anyone. So get out of the loop
it creates, even in subtle ways!


Hopefully, it is going to be a long, long time before this topic – way overdue -- settles down!

Maybe never, I hope!

There are so many hidden secrets, having to do with  the evil that men do to women (and occasionally do to men and that women do, too, but less habitually) that a person, such as myself, a staunch feminist, who has been guiding and supporting the liberation of women, including myself, for decades, have not even touched any where near the depth and breadth of the issue; freeing ourselves from male power-dominance problems, still needing to be reversed. 

Whatever has been done, to date, has not ever been enough!

But we have moved, now, into a new era. 

Thanks to the voices of women who have had the courage to come forward and expose some of these evils that have been, heretofore, concealed.  And, those, such as Ronan Farrow and the New York Times journalists, who have helped bring their stories to light.

Perhaps in taking the steps I have chosen in filing my own Ethics Complaint,  I am even one of them. I don’t know. Time and patience will tell.

No matter how important these bold and brave steps have been, as I said early on when the depravity of gymnast’s doctor, Larry Nassar, was been revealed – and – Aly Raisman, one of his most outspoken victims, was touting her book, Fierce, “fierceness is not enough,” however.

Fierceness is the giving voice to abuse. 

Fierceness is the courage to keep fighting institutions that turn their backs on those who are being victimized, when it is their collective efforts and power that are most needed!

Fierceness is the taking of a stand and having the courage to live a new way of life, without holding back to keep hidden the wrongdoings of the violators of human dignity and safety, the perpetrators of darkness.

Fierceness is facing up to the harm that has been done to oneself and having the resilience, or develop it, to heal from the damage and find new, unfamiliar ways of being a more authentic human being, faced, almost daily, by the challenges this may bring.

Michelle Knight, one of the victims of Ariel Castro, and Elizabeth Smart who was kidnapped, repeatedly raped and held hostage by her keepers, are among my heroes in this.

As a woman, now dealing with an ethics violation done to my person hood by a former professional mentor, I am also presently facing up to these challenges daily.

Along with this effort, of my own, I am increasingly aware that the support of caring others is seeing me through this challenging time. 

I am particularly aware, too, that I need compassion and kindness through this difficult period, not only from other women, but from the men in my life also.

One of my best boosters is my husband, Madison. 

For going on thirty-three years, now, he has been one of my most devoted and loyal champions though not quite perfect. As this new phase of my woman’s liberation journey continues forth, you will, no doubt,  hear more and more about him and the story of our love which has not always been pain-free. 

But that is for another time, not yet come. 

However, last week I got a sign that that story, side-by-side with the story behind the story of my Ethics Complaint, might do best in a full-length book for which I already have a title, 


If War Is Not The Answer, What Is?
The Art Of Moving Beyond Gender Tyranny
on my drawing board now

Madison and I know, as well as any couple could, what it can take to move “beyond gender tyranny;” the Dark and the Light of it.

The plan for this new writing project is now in place. But the resources are not. Even in terms of my available time and energy. So it will just need to wait.

I will, however, not hold back on what I can deliver through my Anastasia The Storyteller Radio Show. It does not require the resources a full-length book demands. 

So you can count on that, for now, as a vibrant source of information, guidance, tools and discussion to help you, if you are interested, in moving through this #Metoo era to a higher plane, New Horizons-style, where all good men (and women) can succeed at a more vibrant, life-affirming level, separately and together.

Keeping that in mind, be sure to join Steve Lebherz, my guest co-host and myself, as we bring you another, unfolding, live adventure through dialogue and discussion on this week’s Anastasia The Storyteller Radio with our topic – 



Saturday, June 9, 11:30 a.m. 
(Rescheduled from Saturday, May 26 and June 2)

(Please note there were last minute technical difficulties at showtime on Saturday May 26, due to emergency flood disaster conditions in the area of the New Horizons Retreat Center which is also home to Ms. Rosen-Jones)

Be sure to join us, live. 
And get into our conversation!
.
Our call in number, if you would like to join us on the air is:  646.564.9608. 

If you do call in, be sure to press one to get into the studio queue 
to let us know you are out there.


No comments:

Post a Comment