Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Managing The Chaos Of A World Run Amuck

New Horizons Poster People discuss the #MeToo chaos in their personal lives.

There is so much upheaval going on in the world around us that the chaos generated out of it can't help but to also challenge the world we live in within ourselves. 

The atmosphere is so unsettled and charged, it gets to be way too much: pipe bomb threats, eleven murders on a Shabbat morning at a Jewish congregation in Pittsburgh over the weekend, combined with our daily fare of political bashing and turmoil, racial tensions and, of course, here at New Horizons, as well as many other places around the world, a preoccupation with #MeToo-related issues. 

For this reason alone, if no other, I was pleased with the radio show Steve, my co-host, and I did this past Thursday, highlighting how very personal turmoil can be. 

In our broadcast discussion I found brief comfort, as if sheltering from a thunderstorm, as Steve and I each took a step back from the disorderliness of a single day, to reflect on it in terms of how we, each, have been dealing with upheaval in our own lives.

In that show broadcast, titled Managing The Chaos Of Lives Run Amuck, now on podcast, which I have just now listened to for a second time, I heard both Steve and I recounting some of the turbulent times he and I have experienced this past year.  And how we’ve been managing them.

On the surface, as merely a listener, I was told by one of our New Horizons Board Members that what we were sharing sounded almost “ordinary.” OMG!! Has living in chaos now become ordinary?

Yet for the two of us, independent of one another, our separate crazy-making events were far from normal. 

It was particularly striking to me, in my discussion with that board member, that I was able to put into words that even my briefly sharing as much as I had on the show had re-traumatized me, just pulling the words out of my inner storage chest and telling some about it. Read more on this on my Anastasia The Storyteller post “…How…Anastasia Revealed Surprising…” details.

Having accomplished getting ourselves on the air that day, up against obstacles, I was just about to relax into the easy flow of the topic Steve and I had planned for the day when the heartfelt words he was sharing prompted me to open up some of the wounding experiences I am harboring, sharing some of what I've been managing with the horrible ordeal I've been experiencing in making a long-overdue sexual harassment and power abuse Ethics Complaint.

Hear all Steve and I cover in that show, now on podcast. 


Moving Beyond Gender Tyranny

And, plan to join us for our upcoming broadcasts with a #MeToo story, reflection or comments of your own.

Look for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment