Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The "What Not To Do" Pledge, #3

OK. OK. I get it.

I am communicating on a post doctoral level. And, you, my readers need me to convey my ideas on a #101 level.

Even my closest friends and family point this out to me. This limitation of mine is why you haven't heard from me for awhile. Is that a good excuse for not communicating?  Probably not?

Nonetheless, maturity and blindness took my words into the esoteric. Now, I'm having trouble communicating on a down-to-earth level.

Sorry. I haven’t got that problem worked out yet.

But I am working on it.

So, please, keep hangin' around here. Meanwhile, let me leave you with the following tip for Pledge #3 – (from Gandhi’s quote below).

Then we will move on (for awhile to more of the "what to do pledges.")

“We do best to begin by carving out territories or zones of peace in our personal relations where violence and deceit won’t be used.” Mahatma Gandhi

Tip of the day for Pledge #3.

Ignoring darkness does not make it go away (in your self or in others).

I know this one first hand. Been through the FIRE.

Becoming aware of darkness in yourself and others and how it plays out in your close interpersonal relationships affords each one of us the opportunity to – Heal Darkness.

In fact, the singular best opportunity you will ever find!

The "old" New Horizons program became famous, if not infamous, for its adeptness at identifying and working to transform darkness in the individual and our original small “zones of peace” (i.e.therapeutic communities).

The name of our game – Truth or Dare!

Would you have the guts to play a game with a name such as this?

More on this later. Ok. So now we are going to leave our “what not to do pledge,” #3, and go on with more of what to do.

But we will come back to this Pledge #3, again and again. It won’t go away.

If you really want to be a genuine peace-builder, walking your walk, not just talking your talk, you’ve got to get this one down to your own particular science.

Top 14 things to do/be as a true peace activist. Coming next..

No comments:

Post a Comment