Sunday, June 1, 2014

I Am Changing, We (New Horizons) Are Changing. Are You Changing Too?

Jack and I presented a wonderful radio show episode, “The Times They Are A-Changing” on Thursday, May 15. Be sure to check it out if you have not already.

I, admittedly, was almost shaken by our exchange on-air, even more so by our discussion forum after, on the conference call. So much that I felt prompted to contact several loyal supporters, requesting that they give me feedback on the show. I was that much in need of checking out my perceptions.  I never did quite get what I was after.

Oh, well. The perceptual gap might be reconciled by checking out various theories about it. But who has time these days to bother over such minutiae?
Oh, dear!

Like the White Rabbit of Alice In Wonderland, most of us are feeling perpetually as if we are “late, late” for the next thing, whatever that is. No doubt about it, we must run off, quickly, trying to catch up with something.

I drew attention to the idea of slowing down in my “Overcoming The Polarization of Politics Address presented at Hood College, not long after Obama’s second presidential victory.

Emphasizing a quote from  Mary Pipher in her book, Writing To Change The World
“The two most radical things you can do in America are to slow down and talk to one another.”
I made the assumption that this suggestion meant, also, listening to one another. And, I might add, listening, carefully.

Each time Jack and I do one of our Possible Society In Motion programs, we embark upon this “radical” endeavor; slowing down and talking and listening to one another. The effort has seemed to bear fruit, especially, since my “Lean In Legacy Template” was introduced, becoming the center piece of the show. The intentionality of this formula as an antidote by which one can offset polarization, socially, culturally or politically, comes clearer to me, program by program.

As a “teaching series,” we now have a a specific framework for an emerging curriculum for the program. And, in the “doing” we are slowing down and listening and talking to one another, along with whoever joins us. By taking time to be with one another in this way, we are establishing a venue for a purposeful, yet informal discussion, heightening our consciousness, individually and collectively. Then we carry the intention forth into the conference call portion of our program that follows. 

We are doing the same, digging even deeper within ourselves and one another, in our new Sohbet/study group. As a result, our discussion forums are, even now, hinting at the potential for our offering to reach the peak of the Mountain of Awe, that magical place where each and every one present can feel the beautifully, compelling sense of synergy that becomes the foundation for collective unity.

The intimation is there, perhaps most noticeably to me, having had decades of experience in creating the conditions for transformation within sustainable communities.

I am delightfully amazed that the group of guests and participants New Horizons has drawn together, most of whom have never even met one another, face-to-face, with only a telephone call connecting us, has been able to achieve this.

Our Possible Society In Motion Radio Show is now growing a group of strangers into a unique and wonderful, community discussion forum. We are becoming that “radical” venture – and will do so more and more as we gain experience with our project.

Apparently, it was the doing of this on-air and on a conference call that frightened me. I think it was the expansiveness, especially in a public forum of my “doing” that scared me so. I’d been so long, only imagining the experience of creating a forum for heightened and shared consciousness that when it came right up close, I wondered if something might not be wrong. As if I might get in trouble, somehow, for talking about, doing and “being” in an authentically personal and collective transformation mode, in public.

Nonetheless, in spite of my fear, I see that I am changing and New Horizons is changing too in the ways for which we’ve been striving.

Are you changing too?

If you are, how about sharing your adventure with us by updating your Possible Human, Possible Society Study interview. Or, perhaps, you might like to be a guest on our radio show. 

Please feel free to contact me, Anastasia, by email (zonesofpeacenh@aol.com) or cell: 240.409.5347,

However, we can find pathways to "lean in" towards one another can only up the abundance we are experiencing. 

Take a moment to consider how you might join us, as we become increasingly interactive with real people in real time.

We will even be making mistakes, publicly, as we learn and grow. You can join us in that too!

Note: In case you missed this past week’s The Possible Society In Motion Radio Show, we actually were not on-air as scheduled for May 29 due to a scheduling snag. But we will be back, again, in two weeks on Thursday, June 12 at our regularly scheduled bi-weekly time.

No comments:

Post a Comment