New Horizons Volunteer Of The Year
“The best Volunteers do accomplish a kind of magic.”
(I am grateful those words originate with somebody else, lest I be considered guilty of gushing.)
Lisa, you are, without a doubt, one of those “best Volunteers.” A volunteer that has been able to accomplish a kind of “magic” for our organization.
The fact that you have produced your magic with quiet steadfastness, makes it even more remarkable.
Thus, with the deepest gratitude and appreciation, the New Horizons Support Network Inc. is pleased to choose you, once again, as our honored Volunteer of the Year. Your award will be formally presented to you at our Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon, date to be announced with details to follow.
This year, having already accrued eleven years of dedicated service to our organization, you have topped the chart in my book! My highest, most current regard for your talent can, of course, be viewed by anyone taking the time to visit our two beautiful, almost irresistible, blog sites:
- New Horizons’ Small “Zones Of Peace” Project at: http://zonesofpeacenh.blogspot.com/ and;
Am, I prejudiced?
Well, no matter. Even if I am a bit biased on your behalf, Lisa, I still remain indebted to you for the unstintingly generous contributions to us of your many gifts.
In particular, I remain truly “awed” by your –
• Graphic design eye for elegance and style;
• Internet technology savvy;
• Know how on data gathering that is blog relevant (such as our “Map Loco”) and other statistics;
• Adeptness at coaching and guiding an almost total “dummy” -- (me) -- to regularly post blogs – and – even “upload” jpeg graphics;
• Wisdom, experience, valuable insights, competence and dedication as a board member;
• Finally -- unceasing patience with me and our organization as we faced – and – moved through near-defeating challenges these past years.
One would truly need to be apprised in detail about what you and I did behind the scenes to know the full scope of your generosity. And, what it took YOU to create these two blog sites and bring them – and me -- to life on them as you have done.
In achieving all this and more., Lisa, you have, in effect, helped take our organization from dormancy and virtual obscurity into a budding visible success.
What a treasured “best Volunteer” you are, Lisa Boyer!
I wish you all the “best.” And, selfishly I hope that other non-profit organizations will continue to recognize the talents you have, but not enough to take you away from us.
As we transition into our next phase, keep your eye on that all-expense paid vacation in the Caribbean I keep saying that I owe you. That would be a just celebration for the anticipated success of our mission and all of our combined.efforts.
Thank you beyond words and measure – and congratulations, on behalf of the Board of Directors of the New Horizons Support Network, Inc.
With deepest gratitude,
M. Anastasia Rosen-Jones
Executive Director and Founder
New Horizons Support Network, Inc.