Saturday, May 15, 2010

Re-building Our Home-Base

April 15 was the kick-off date for our Habit For Healing Remodeling Project.

Since then we have been putting much time and muscle out here to bring our training and healing center back to life and rekindle our original vision. By April 30, we had made enough progress for me, Exec Director, Anastasia, to move back into my quarters. What a welcome home experience that was!

Now -- we are almost full-steam ahead for the remodeling project. Give or take many needs from energetic onsite volunteers, gifts in kind and $$, we feel embraced by abundance already. Contributions of time and labor (and lol) by Remodeling Project Mgr, Sue deVeer (upward of 50 hours for her in April), hard working, dedicated volunteer, Wilbur Smith, and our dear friend and plumber, Tony, got my living quarters ready.

Friday night April 30, I slept in my own bed. I woke up the next morning to the birds chirping, busy, busy in conversation with one another, and the wind in the trees rustling. I felt like I was in heaven!

A week later, we had four volunteers (plus me) diligently working away. Wow! Community- building are we – our small “zone of peace” in Harpers Ferry. We got much accomplished. Sam Hawbaker, our friend from Hagerstown, brought his strong armed, carpenter friend wiz, “Anonymous.” Together they installed two very heavy, brand new huge doors (donated to our cause). That was an all day job.

Sue, Wilbur and I spent the day raking leaves, planting flowers and plants etc. etc., Stage one of bringing our sacred fire circle back to life. Etc. etc. etc.

We are so happy and blessed at our Habitat For Healing.

Hope you will soon be joining us out here soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment