|Sue wants you to |
know New Horizons
needs your support.
Point of clarification: re: Think Tank project, the Abkhazian Dinner and the Bus Ride Story Adventure series.
When you’ve got a huge package, as does New Horizons, of projects, programs and a study as broad as our Possible Human, Possible Society Study, an observer can readily get confused as to what’s what here.
Built, as all of these are, on more than a half-century of successful theoretical, philosophical and strategic planning methods for individual and community social change as our underpinnings, it would be expecting a lot that you, who are new to us, would be able to follow what we are up to without an updated map of our landscape from time to time.
Thus we offer the following as a guide with a few clarifying points to help you travel more comfortably with us..
New Horizons’ Small “Zones of Peace” Project and the Possible Human, Possible Society Study are two separate initiatives of the New Horizons Support Network, Inc., an educational and charitable non-profit organization. New Horizons was established in 1980.
New Horizons’ Small “Zones of Peace” Project:
• Developed out of a collaboration of Executive Director and Founder, Anastasia Rosen-Jones and Sue deVeer, Curriculum Development Director and board member. Circa 2006;
• The major philosophical platform of this initiative can best be summarized by the principles of the Cultural Mediation Paradigm;
• Project focuses on community conversations to build stronger, more unified communities;
• Programs include: the Coffee House Conversations series, the Abkhazian Dinner, the Bus Ride Story Adventure series, the “I’ve Got A Dream Conversations Project," programs for the UNESCO Center For Peace Model United Nations Camp, "Anger Management and Conflict Resolution #101" and others of a similar nature;
• Projects also include: specially designed diversity division healing conversations, consulting and coaching for enhanced community unity.
New Horizons Possible Human, Possible Society Study:
• Designed, directed and implemented by Anastasia. Circa 2011.;
• Includes: study interviews, analysis and assessment, published reports online and in various publications (now in progress), related media interviews, speaking engagements and a radio show (now in the blueprint stage);
• Possible Society In Motion programs, including the Think Tank project*, community education and conscious raising presentations and programs.
• *Think Tank Project temporarily in abeyance.
Special Note: The Bus Ride Story Adventure and related articles, online or otherwise, which has emerged out of the format for it, as presented at the Abkhazian Dinner, weaves together some of the best to come out of both of the above initiatives; New Horizons’ Small “Zones of Peace” Project and the Possible Human, Possible Society Study, as well as the specialized skills of Anastasia and Sue..
The Bus Ride Story Adventure series is, thus, a collaborative effort by both Anastasia and Sue.
Hope this helps as a bit of a guide as to what’s happening here.
More to come.