Made a good start. Here’s what we gained –
- On January 31, 2015 we came together for our first of five Coffee House Conversations On Race Relations.
(From March 21 on we will have one Coffee House Conversation per month through June 21 (3rd Saturdays of the month). Look for future announcements for details.)
- We accomplished our first goals; bringing a diverse Frederick County group together to talk about sensitive issues, especially race and police relations.
- Dialoguing about these issues with civility and respect.
- Leaving the event with hope that Frederick can grow beyond its present refined level to the excellence of community unity that can serve as a model for less fortunate towns.
Here’s what you can do to help us advance
- Coalition building. Join us for discussion to help us define our next steps. Next Coalition Building Conference Call Roundtable, Saturday, February 21, 11 am – 1 pm;
- Attend Coffee House Conversations On Race Relations (limit 60 people so reserve early). Next Conversation March 21;
- Bring your friends to our Coffee House Conversations. We are aiming, especially, for diversified participation, racially and ethnically;
- Develop your skills as conversations’ facilitators (open only to attendees) Next faciliator training day, Saturday, February 28.
We need your help so we can build a winning team effort!
Reservations and details for all activities
Contact: Blair Thomas