Tuesday, May 22, 2018

When War Is Not The Answer, Leaning In Might Just Be The Way

I made an excellent choice for my last week’s Anastasia The Storyteller Radio show, inviting New Horizons Board Member, Steve Lebherz, to co-host that show with me.

I’ve known Steve for close to three years and have often been rewarded by having his continuous support and, more recently, his devoted participation as a New Horizons Board Member. During this time, I have come to appreciate a certain, very personal manner Steve has, in conducting himself, that often gratifies me.

These attributes, along with a quick wit and an agile mind, coupled with a kind heart brought me a bouquet of delight last Saturday, almost matching the pleasure of my Mother’s Day flowers, sitting in an honored place in the living room, diminishing as they are, now, but still brightening my days.

I make this comparison to highlight the unusual uplifting Steve’s leaning in way of being, with me, on last Saturday’s program brought me.

The bounty for me --- and – for the show came of Steve’s role modeling of the practice of leaning in on that show. Previously he'd asked me what I meant by this term, "leaning in," after his seeing mention of it on an earlier blog post of mine.

However, there he was, live on the air demonstrating the first steps of it, as second nature!

So completely spontaneous, open-hearted, yet well-thought out, Steve demonstrated an inordinate willingness to become a male student of womanly ways that is so much needed in this #Metoo era to help us all make it through the rocky terrain men and women are treading these days.

If you want to hear a wonderful, living example of the very opposite of “No, no, not me!,” leaning in, listen to our podcast of last Saturday’s show. You'll hear me getting all excited about what Steve brought, in his person-hood, consistent with my experience of his sincerity, over time. 


Wow!  




Then come back for more when Steve joins me, again, this coming Saturday for our next show –




Saturday, May 26  1:30 p.m

Look for more stories – and details -- on how the New Horizons Beyond Gender Tyranny movement, programs and projects is now utilizing its vast resources to guide this mission forward.


Also, take advantage of the more personal opportunities we offer, especially if you are a male to:

  • Tell us your #Metoo-related stories, on the air or off (We want to know “how you are moving through the #Metoo era, its trials and rewards.) and; 
  • Avail yourself of New Horizons personal/business and organization coaching and consulting services to help you get through the #Metoo era at the top rung of the ladder of movers and shakers, building a pathway to a new era of male-female respect, dignity and equality.
For details, contact: Anastasia at MountainWomanRJ@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment