Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Can A Man Truly Be Innocent, If Charged With Assault?

Out of the blue, or so it seems, my Anastasia The StorytellerBeyond Gender Tyranny, The Online Course co-host, Steve, has been charged with physical assault against a female.


Isn’t that something else!!!! 

He says he’ innocent!

"No, not me," he says.

I believe him. 

Where do we go from here?

As a professional coach, as well as a retired psychotherapist with forty-five years of experience working with both subtle violence and full-blown violence in relationships, I have been involved with this couple, extensively, diagnosing the woman as seriously dysfunctional and unstable, even vicious, at times. 

I would, if need be, stand by Steve in court should he ask me to do so, though things have not gotten this far, yet. I believe in his innocence however. Of course, I could be wrong. I wasn’t actually on the scene.

For the time being there is merely a restraining order on the docket and the complications that go with it, such as stipulations, for thirty days, no contact between the parties, and she is to get her things out of his house, asap, where she had been living with him for close to three years.

Needless to say Steve is in a tense situation these days. How very fortuitous for our radio show programming. Kinda makes me wonder, if the gods haven’t gone a bit crazy, again, on our behalf, in this time of #MeToo.

So here it is; gender tyranny now being featured in my own backyard: first, me with my all-pervading Ethics Complaint against a former professional mentor where I am the complainant, next Steve, an identified perpetrator. #MeToo and gender tyranny is everywhere!

Those crazy gods, somewhere out in the universe, seem to be intent on giving, not only the mainstream media, but us, too, an abundance of material to work with. In our case, for our two radio shows, fertile stuff, as all get out, to make for rich storytelling and story listening, in this era of #MeToo. As if we would have no other resources for our show, beyond ourselves which, of course, is far from the truth these days.

This morning I asked Steve what he would like us to discuss on our forthcoming Anastasia The Storyteller Radio Show for this week’s online discussion. His response was that he wanted to talk about how he is now seeing what a woman can do as payback in this day and age, even with a charge against him, which he asserts did not actually occur. 

Last week, when he was still in shock from the police serving him with papers and the court hearing that followed, Steve was all about wanting to “lean in” and look at how he had contributed to this nasty relationship breakup (the relationship wasn’t very good either) that he is now going through.  My guidance for him to be a role model for our Beyond Gender Tyranny Online Course listeners, had been for him to point his finger back at himself, rather than casting blame on her,. 

At that point, Steve even went so far as to identify the woman in the situation as “very nice.” 

Later, in listening to our discussion on podcast, I noticed that in a period of less than three minutes, beginning around the seventeen minute mark into the show, Steve went from “she is a very nice woman,” who he held to be his “angel” to “She is not a good person.” and “She would bring me down a lot.”  Obviously he hadn’t yet settled his mind on what she was for him. 

You can hear Steve’s online mental sorting, if you listen to the podcast, in our first Beyond Gender Tyranny, The Online Course lesson, linked here.

This week Steve is beginning to lean in more to feeling set up and being angry.

What comes next, on this new adventure of his – and – consequently for our two radio shows?

For sure, this week’s program will have a lot of Steve storytelling and Anastasia story listening on --


Saturday, June 30 11:30 a.m.

Beyond that, what happens next could be anybody’s guess.

On Steve’s end, last night he bought himself a puppy so he will be less lonely when his former Beloved takes out her belongings this week, including her dog to which he had become attached. 

As for me, I’ve got all kinds of considerations to pay attention to, including my own personal Ethics Complaint, which rather than being difficult to manage these days, is moving forward smoothly with my getting lots of much-needed support and compassion on the part of my professional association where my complaint has been lodged.

So the world turns!


Want to share your gender tyranny stories or your successes of moving beyond gender tyranny, join us on the air this coming Saturday. 

Our call in number is – Guest:  646.564.9608. 

Be sure to push 1 on your phone to get into the queue in our studio.


No comments:

Post a Comment