Sunday, March 29, 2020

Pandemic Survivors Support Group Developing Nationwide Network: 10 Days In

Today marks the tenth day since I knew with every cell of my being, for my absolute truth, that the next appropriate steps for the New Horizons/Small “Zones Of Peace” Network and ME just had to be – the developing of a nationwide support group network to help our citizens (and ourselves) brave the coronavirus pandemic.  

The next day, March 20, we held our first conference call GAME Support Group. It was wonderful, a safe port in a ferocious storm.

Since then we've had a group meeting almost everyday -- and -- we are so grateful for it!

Now with ten days in, what have we gained?

If, merely lightening the emotional load people are now carrying is a start, we've already accomplished something. 

"Something big or something small," you ask?

And I say that "Big and small seem to be occurring together, the synchronicity, sometimes awesome, more often received with a deep and quiet gratitude from our just being together with one another, with compassion and caring. 

Here "metoo" means something like I'm concerned about the number of confirmed cases of the virus and the deaths from it, in my state.

Other times our awareness of the the synchronicity opens up appreciation for technology that is enabling us to hear one another's voices in this quasi-group setting we are now creating

All week long I've been trying to write to tell you, readers, what is going on with us, the New Horizons/Small "Zones of Peace" Board Members, behind the scenes, as we establish, for our own benefit, and organize for others our new nationwide GAME Support Group initiative and as one, something, we can do to bolster one another up during these trying times. 

(FYI. I developed and ran a city-wide support network in the Washington, D.C. area, beginning in the early '80s through 1998 when I lost my eyesight, making me one of the most experienced consultants around to guide and mentor a project of this type, especially under the circumstances prompting it -- the virus pandemic. 

Yippee!!! I am so grateful to have this to offer in service!)

Of course, we are going to invite all of you to join us, as quickly as possible but it is going to take us a bit of start up time though we are on it! 

First things first, however. Right now we are going slowly, inviting new members in, very selectively and one-on-one so as to build a firm foundation, as we learn how to update a formerly person-to-person support group model and make it applicable for what we have now in front of us.

The problem with my writing, this past week or so, to share our happenings, is that I am feeling somewhat like Anne Frank wanting to write my own diary of this difficult time from behind my sheltering-in-place, but getting through my writer's block is holding me back.

Too many emotions bottled up are not yet allowing me access to my writer's mind.

So, for now, I'll just stay with the wanting to stay in touch and hope that even these few words of mine might possibly offer inspiration to you out there, striving like me to move through this ordeal on a high road.

Personally, I am doing exceptionally well but not always with ease.

More later to tell you how it is behind my/our closed doors -- and -- also how things are going here as we strive to create our nationwide support group network.

Connection! Connection! Connection at safe distances.

Best Wishes, Anastasia

No comments:

Post a Comment