Friday, October 20, 2023

Altruism Moves Onto Center Stage As: Our Traveling Together Takes Shape

When at last I (Anastasia, driver/guide) had determined a route for our Ms Class: Season Two by establishing a Black Bear Mountain Village (BBMV) Bus Ride journey as our initial curriculum agenda, I offered my fellow travelers an activity for our group as we go -- destination AWE. My intentions, on a personal level, being the realization of my lifelong desire for people around me to be as community to one another. I grew up this way the first eight years of my life and I know what community can mean for MENTAL HEALTH,  spiritual growth and overall commynity well-being.

As driver/guide on this bus I am following the lead of "the community educator" in the original story. Well -- maybe yes, maybe no. The creation of a small "zone of peace" community is, on my part, quite intentional when I'm in the driver’s seat as I am in the present scenario, but not exactly that teacher's goal, rather a byproduct of happenstance in his particular scenario.

intentional community building is excellent (And we're going to be more and more available to help you do that if you wish, as in learning "How to revitalize your play group "Pandemic Pod".)

Nontheless, in a manner similar to how that story goes, I invited everyone in our Ms Class, after their having heard the Bus Ride Story read by Board Member Sue, to do the Spectrum Of Love Inventory, specificallty applying attributes and concepts to our ways of treating ourselves personally. (Read Murat’s Bus Ride Story Adventure

 See archival link -- "Bus Ride.").

Having done so, I turned my focus back onto Sue, my one remaining student from "Season One," the others present, apart from myself, presently being auditors, onsite and dial in.

Two attributes, "altruism" and "compassion," stood out to Sue as "weakest" toward herself. 

"Interesting," I .mused." Now what, I wondered, realizing I was a bit adrift as to what to do next, having not ever before been in the position in which I now find myself, having stepped out of my role as D.C. area psychotherapist leading groups and seminars into the position of heading an onsite, daily living-together- in one form or another community, rather than a once a month intense "Discount Derby" weekend as before. (See Truth or Dare GAME).

At our next Tuesday afternoon class, we took up the subject of altruism as a community learning project. I am going to be writing about that project here as our Adventure progresses.

Look for more stories of our BBMV Bus Ride Story Adventure as it progresses -- with our coming Ms Classes exploring (as per Murat) the connections between: altruism, MENTAL HEALTH, ISOLATION and a concept he defined as "Ecological body consciousness."

More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment