Wednesday, August 9, 2017

What Is The Power Of One?

My colleague, Valerie, followed up my publishing of my article on The Power of One by asking me to explain what I meant by it. As a lifestyle philosophy, deeply embedded in me, I believed the concept of the "power of one" would be evident to all.

Silly me. Sometimes we are so blessed in certain ways, we overlook that what is natural in to us may even be foreign to others. On this one, I hope you have, minimally, some experience with knowing, for yourself, the power of one.

For Valerie, who is a well respected, accomplished psychotherapist to not be, immediately, getting my drift on this one sent me back to the drawing board; actually began to pen and paper. 

In the service of clarifying my terms, I now take up this critically important topic of the "power of one" by shedding a bit more light on the meaning I am attributing to the phrase. In attempting to do this, of course, I turned to the internet to Google the phrase. 

I quickly discovered an entire treasure trove of quotes, derived from both a book and a movie titled The Power Of One  by Bryce Courtney. If you truly want to "feel" the essence of what I am meaning here, the trailer for the movie brings it right up, front and center. Here is a link for the trailer as it appears on YouTube, along with the following quote by the author.
The power of one is above all things the power to believe in yourself, often well beyond any latent ability you may have previously demonstrated. The mind is the athlete, the body is simply the means it uses to run faster or longer, jump higher, shoot straighter, kick better, swim harder, hit further, or box better.  
Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One (The Power of One, #1)
There is also, I discovered, a song by the same title. Here are the lyrics from the movie Pokemon.

I think these two ought to be more than enough to get you started with what New Horizons is now going to be focusing on, more and more, from here forth.

Good luck!!!  The Power of One is in your hands!


.

No comments:

Post a Comment