Friday, January 3, 2014

Walking in the air

A tribute to Murat Yagan, Beloved Mentor

Serendipitously I found “Walking in the air” and the “Snowman,” as I gave my self to being with my Vernon Kebzeh family, in heart and mind, when I could not be with them, “for real.” The animated story is about a snowman who comes alive, taking the little boy who built him to fly in the night sky. Oh, that we could fly for real!

But what is really “real,” anyway?

Now, I am listening to the music and watching a YouTube segment of the “Snowman” every day to continue keeping me close to them in these tenderest days of letting go.  Thus I find myself  flying with Murat and my Kebzeh family into the “universal awe.”

With joy in our hearts for
the jamboree that was Murat's life!
I believe Murat would enjoy this. He’s "my  snowman.” He taught me to fly.

Below are a few of the words from “Walking in the air” that lift me that high. I hope Murat’s presence on this earth and all he contributed has or will inspire you to fly high too.

So join me, every once in a while, if you think of it, to walk in the air as a spirit lift -- and -- a tribute to Murat.
 “We’re walking in the air…. 
…We´re holding very tight
…We’re walking in the air 
...We’re dancing in the midnight sky 
...And everyone who sees us, greets us as we fly.”
From "Walking in the Air," a song written by Howard Blake for the 1982 animated film of Raymond Briggs' 1978 children's book The Snowman. (Per Wikipedia)

No comments:

Post a Comment