Saturday, February 11, 2017

Immigration To Be Next Coffee House Conversations Topic

OMG!

Are we in Nazi Germany, circa 1940?

But then again, I don’t want people in my country who are here illegally or are criminals!

My heart is lurching. There are no easy answers!

And, I am after all is said and done, only one person, with meager resources to contribute to such a HUGE, way-beyond-my-capacities issue. 

What can I do to help this nightmare situation?

What to do? What to do?

Next step: I called Sue!

We agreed with the lesson we learned from our dear Pastor George Earle, Jr. when we successfully aided Centennial United Methodist Church in keeping its doors open and beginning to build a bright new future –

Just keep talking! 

If you do that with enough people who share common concerns, solutions will emerge!

Now I am cleared to take our next Coffee House Conversation series where it needs to go. 

We did it at Centennial, help to build a bright, new future when great loss was at hand. Let's do it again now when humane treatment for all is at stake!

Here it is!! A day to be filled with "dialogue rather than debate" and the search for common ground --


“Learning How To Discuss Immigration 
(And Other Social/Political Issues) With Empathy For All Views”

A New Horizons Coffee House Conversation



No comments:

Post a Comment