We all put forth our best at our gathering. I have no doubt of this. And, at the time it seemed that we made some notable headway. Then it came apart, not long after.The scenario that emerged reminded me of our president and congress; polarization that just gets worse, word by word.
|Is this excellence in|
If not, why not?
Taking a break from the heat being generated, I asked myself, once again, as I often do these days when events of this nature arise –How is it that so many people, even the seemingly wise and wonderful, say
A corollary question is:How is that we can put a man on the moon and yet still manage to avoid having peace and harmony in our homes and communities?
My answer has five main components, at least for today.
- Un or under-developed human attributes;
- Un or under-developed skill;
- Absence of vision (i.e. What does the possible human functioning at the best (in a possible world) look and act like? What is excellence in human affairs? Why do we settle for less?);
- Lack of determination;
- A commitment to win-win outcomes.
Question: What does the presence of these components look like when activated and put into motion?
- · The art of leaning in (i.e. Art = Olympic Gold such as in pairs figure skating);
- · Honoring process versus content;
More to come.